Agreement for the termination of a contract between the contracting parties
The parties to a contract may agree to bring an agreement to an end earlier than originally envisaged.
The contract may itself provide for circumstances in which the contract may be terminated.
- completion: termination of the contract once the subject-matter of the contract has been achieved
- notice: termination by one party by giving a specified period of notice to the other party
- breach: termination by one party either on immediate notice or by giving a specified period of notice following the breach of the contract by the other party (the defaulting party). The contract may provide that the breach must be “material” or “repeated” and/or that the defaulting party has a period of time in which to remedy the breach before the non-defaulting party may terminate the contract
In the absence of a party being entitled to terminate the contract by its terms, the termination of a contract will require the mutual agreement of both parties to the contract.
About this document
This document is for the mutual termination of a contract. It is suitable for a contract which is governed by English law.
- Mutual termination of the agreement, agreed by both parties to the specified contract
- Release of liabilities and all claims under the agreement, whether known or unknown
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.