Articles of Association: pre-emption (share allotment)
Standard Article comprising pre-emption rights on the allotment of new shares.
What are pre-emption rights on the allotment of new shares?
Pre-emption rights give existing shareholders first refusal on an issue of new shares – the new shares must be offered to existing shareholders before they can be taken up by new investors or shareholders.
About this document
This document is a standard paragraph for inclusion in the Articles of Association of a company to provide for pre-emption rights on the allotment of new shares.
- pre-emption rights offer and acceptance process
- provision for pre-emptive rights to be disapplied with the consent of either a specified investor or the holders of not less than 75% of all of the shares in issue
- allowance for grant of options and allotment of shares under an employee share scheme
- requirement for adherence to any Shareholders Agreement
- ITEPA election wording for shares allotted to directors/employees
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email email@example.com. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.