Employment offer letter
Letter of offer of employment to a new employee
What should an employment offer include?
Usually following an interview process, the new employer may wish to send a formal offer of employment to the new employee.
The offer letter is a binding legal offer from the new employer, capable of acceptance by the individual in accordance with its terms and usually within a specified period. If not accepted within that period, the offer will lapse.
Acceptance may be stated to be subject to a number of conditions, including:
- employment being on the terms of an employment contract which is included with the offer letter
- the employer taking up one or more satisfactory references regarding the individual, including from the individual’s current employer
About this employment offer letter
This document is a letter constituting an offer of employment to a new employee.
The new employee may accept the offer by signing and returning the enclosed employment contract within the date to be specified in the letter.
- offer letter from new employer
- provision for inclusion of principal employment terms (position, salary, working days if part time)
- to be accompanied by contract of employment
- offer is subject to conditions:
- satisfactory references being received by employer from two personal referees, including current employer
- demonstration by employee of right to work in the UK
- others to be specified (eg production of professional qualifications or driving licence)
- acceptance by employee by signing and returning contract of employment by specified date
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email email@example.com. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.