Letter of Intent Share Purchase Multiple Sellers Single Company
Letter of intent for the purchase of a private limited company from multiple sellers
What is a letter of intent?
A letter of intent is a letter setting out the principal terms of a transaction. The purpose of a letter of intent is to record the transaction terms which have been agreed in principle and which will enable the parties to move to the next stages of the transaction on the basis of a common understanding of the main terms.
The letter of intent will not be legally-binding except in relation to certain limited matters, including:
- exclusivity: if agreed (and not dealt with in a separate exclusivity agreement), a period of exclusivity for the benefit of the buyer
- confidentiality of the heads of terms themselves (and assuming that the parties have already entered into a separate confidentiality agreement or NDA covering the confidentiality of information provided to the buyer relating to the target company)
About this letter of intent
This letter of intent is for the sale by multiple sellers of a private limited company (which does not form part of a group of companies being sold).
- shareholdings of the sellers
- different options for the payment of consideration, including consideration to be paid at closing, deferred consideration, earnout consideration and an adjustment based on net assets of the target company
- conditions for the transaction
- principal terms of the Share Purchase Agreement
- matters relating to the transaction process
- exclusivity wording (if agreed)
- confidentiality of the letter of intent
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
Alternative letters of intent
For alternative forms of letter of intent for a sale transaction, see Letter of Intent Share Purchase Single Seller Single Company, Letter of Intent Share Purchase Single Seller Group and Letter of Intent Share Purchase Multiple Sellers Group.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email email@example.com. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.