Subscription Agreement: start-up business single investor
Subscription agreement for the investment in a start-up business by a single investor.
When use a separate Subscription Agreement?
Having a separate Investment/Subscription Agreement is likely to be more suitable for a company:
- which already has non-management shareholders or investors, perhaps as a result of a previous investment round
- which anticipates having future funding rounds
About this Subscription Agreement
This document is for the investment by a single investor in a start-up private limited company. It covers the investment terms for the subscription and includes warranties from the company and the founder shareholders.
In addition to this Subscription Agreement, the parties will likely require a shareholders agreement between the investor and the founders of the company which governs the relationship between the company and all of its shareholders going forward.
- subscription: the mechanism and terms for the subscription for shares by the investor
- completion: completion of the investment, including the issue of shares to the investor and payment by the investor
- warranties: warranties from the company and each founder. As the investment is in a start-up company, the warranties reflect the limited trading history of the company
- limitations on liability: legal limitations on the potential liability under the warranties of the company and the founders
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.