Shareholders Agreement: established business single investor
Shareholders agreement following the investment in an established business by a single investor.
When use a separate Shareholders Agreement?
Having a separate Shareholders Agreement is likely to be more suitable for a company:
- which already has non-management shareholders or investors, perhaps as a result of a previous investment round
- which anticipates having future funding rounds
About this Shareholders Agreement
This document is for a shareholders agreement following an investment by a single investor in an established business. It acts as the shareholders agreement between the investor and the founders of the company going forward.
- director appointment rights:
- investor director: the investor’s right to appoint a director
- other directors: the founder shareholder(s) rights to appoint a director
- board proceedings: how proceedings of the board will be conducted
- future share issues: pre-emption rights on the issue of new shares
- share transfers: process for the transfer of shares, including:
- pre-emption rights on share transfers
- compulsory transfer events, including if a founder ceases to be employed by the company whether as a good or a bad leaver
- tag-along and drag-along rights
- reserved matters: a list of matters requiring the prior approval of the investor and other shareholders
- information rights: rights of the investor and other shareholders to information about the company and its finances
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.