Consultancy Agreement: individual (project-based)
Consultancy agreement template for the appointment of an individual to provide consultancy services for a specific project
About this Consultancy Agreement
This Consultancy Agreement template is for the appointment of an individual directly by the client to provide consultancy services in relation to a specific project. The agreement will terminate once the project has been completed.
The consultancy agreement template provides for the services to include the delivery by the consultant of agreed project deliverables in accordance with a specified timeframe. Payment of the consultancy fees is based on the delivery of the project deliverables.
The document also contains provisions which, in case of doubt, should help avoid the relationship being considered as an employment relationship. These include the ability of the consultant to nominate a substitute to carry out the services and an obligation on the consultant to carry insurance for liability resulting from the performance of the services.
- This consultancy agreement template: 24 clauses over 15 pages
- Project-based appointment, terminable on completion of the project and also by notice by either client or consultant
- Framework for project milestones and timeframe
- Obligations on the consultant with regard to the performance of the services
- Ability for consultant to nominate a substitute to perform the services
- Fees payable on the basis of achievement of project milestones in accordance with agreed timeframe
- Data protection provisions
- Ownership of Intellectual Property rights arising from the services
- Liability for the consultant and contractual limitations on liability
- Status of the consultant as an independent contractor and consultant indemnity for tax arising from the appointment
- Early termination for breach and other circumstances
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
Alternative Consultancy Agreements
For a form of consultancy for an individual on a time basis, see EMC001.001 Consultancy Agreement: individual (time-based). For forms of consultancy agreement with a personal service company, see EMC003.001 Consultancy Agreement: company (time-based) and EMC004.001 Consultancy Agreement: company (project-based).
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.