Loan Agreement: secured
Secured loan facility agreement template for a term loan to a corporate borrower
Why use a term loan?
A term loan is an upfront loan to a borrower, repayable with interest at a fixed or floating rate on a fixed repayment date or over a certain repayment schedule.
A term loan is often used by a business to purchase specified property or other fixed assets, such as equipment.
About this Loan Agreement
This loan agreement is for a secured loan of a fixed amount to a corporate borrower. It is suitable for a borrower which is incorporated in England and Wales.
The security would need to be created and governed by a separate security document between the borrower and the lender, depending on the nature of the secured property and assets. Examples of security documents include:
- a charge over specified property
- a charge over shares
- a debenture, containing fixed and floating charges over all of the borrower’s assets and undertaking
- 21 clauses over 13 pages
- Upfront advance of specified loan amount
- Regular interest payments at either fixed or floating interest rate by reference to specified bank’s base rate of interest
- Repayment either on a single repayment date or in instalments
- Undertakings to the borrower, including the provision of information to the lender and prohibition on granting security and additional borrowings
- Events of default
As with all of our document templates, your purchase will include access to clear explanatory guidance on the document and its use.
All Paper Rock legal templates are written by highly qualified English lawyers that are currently practising in the field of commercial and corporate law. The templates you download here reflect the same quality as if you’d instructed our lawyers to draft them for you. They also write all our document descriptions so you can rest assured every bit of information is legally accurate up to date.
Whatever your method of purchase, there is no limit to the number of times you can download your templates. However, many customers prefer to invest in an annual subscription. This offers exceptional value with unlimited downloads from our entire document library.
The Paper Rock team is available to answer questions via Live Chat during UK business hours. When live chat is unavailable, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to your emails within a 24-hour period. We also encourage you to ask questions via our social channels.